Sales Representative, MCS - New Orleans, Louisiana
Location: Abbott Park, Illinois
Internal Number: ABLAUS31009565ENUSEXTERNAL
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
The Sales Representative position is a sales opportunity in the MCS business responsible for achieving assigned revenue and implant goals. As the business leader for sales in the assigned territory, coordinates all Chronic MCS activities from case coverage, account training and development, contracting and pricing, referral development, in-reach and out-reach, and business planning. As an owner of the full vertical of business, the sales representative will have responsibility for market development, device preference and outcomes of managed patients. Clinical responsibilities will be coordinated with any supporting Abbott Clinical Consultants. The Sales Representative will support case coverage in assigned territory. Cross collaboration with other product teams will be critical to success in developing accounts. Program development and business planning will be critical to increasing access of the therapy to more patients. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities and territory analysis. Services accounts, suggests and presents new products and takes orders. As appropriate, assists marketing personnel on advertising and promotional sales strategies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
1. Call on referring physicians and other medical doctors with influence over implanting patterns who themselves typically do not implant MCS products, and help increase Abbott product sales
2. Coordinates implanting schedules in assigned territory.
3. Contacts, visits and interests clients and potential clients in the Company's products and addresses any client questions and concerns.
4. Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
5. Insures that all pertinent patient information (Patient Registration Form) is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
6. Responsible for the management of physical inventory located within assigned territory.
7. Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
8. Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
9. May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
10. Prepares special analyses as required.
11. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
12. Working within broad objectives, is accountable for maintaining and, where possible, expanding the level of sales in assigned area.
13. Ensures the prompt follow-up of sales leads, the investigation of complaints, and the timely completion and filing of standard reports required by sales management.
14. Has authority to make sales commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results. May provide substantial input to Division-wide sales standards, practices, procedures and policies.
15. Decisions and recommendations have critical impact on significant organizational projects or operations. May develop solutions and resolve complex problems that could significantly impact organization budgets and/or commitments.
16. Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
17. Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
1. Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
2. Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
3. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
4. Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
5. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and preferably sales experience, including experience with medical devices. Requires ability to become certified on Heart Failure products. Working knowledge of domestic regulations relative to the medical device industry. Experience in cardiac or heart failure related industries. Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, heart failure, or cardiac surgery procedures. Familiarity with cardiac surgery and operating room procedures and protocol. Demonstrated knowledge of advanced heart failure therapies is also necessary. Must apply critical thinking skills and abilities to interpret and solve complex clinical problems. Must have comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Must have the ability to concentrate on detail and work independently. Must be able to work effectively with clinicians, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively. Must possess comprehensive personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.