The Compliance Officer is responsible for overseeing operational regulatory compliance for the Bank, to include BSA/AML, CRA, and all other deposit and lending regulation compliance. The Compliance Officer will monitor, maintain, and update as necessary the Bank’s compliance program to ensure that the Bank maintains regulatory compliance with our lending and deposit banking activities and knowledge. Conducts and documents internal fraud or policy investigations. Develops, maintains, and implements policies and procedures to detect and prevent the occurrence of fraudulent activity. Acts as liaison to local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, and responds to agencies, as necessary.
Specific Job Functions: • Ensuring compliance policies and procedures are developed and maintained regarding all consumer compliance and BSA/AML/OFAC regulations.
• Ensuring directors, management and employees are trained in consumer protection laws and regulations relating to loans.
• Reviewing departmental policies and procedures for compliance with applicable consumer laws and regulations.
• Identifying proposed or newly enacted regulatory changes related to loans, deposits and BSA and notifying all members of the Compliance Committee on a timely basis of any changes that might affect Bank operations.
• Answering questions regarding consumer compliance and BSA matters in a way that the inquirer can understand the risks of possible solutions.
• Developing and conducting scheduled loan and deposit level documentation audits through focused and random sample basis, specifically, Fair Lending, FCRA, ECOA, FDPA, TRID/Regulation Z, RESPA, Regulation CC, Regulation DD, Regulation D, and Regulation E.
• Preparing written reports detailing findings and recommendations from self-assessment audits.
• Extracting data out of core systems and census information to update CRA analysis.
• Providing support documentation and compile responses for internal and external audits.
• Performing periodic BSA/AML and Compliance Risk Assessments to determine areas of compliance exposing risk to the Bank and the extent of risk for each regulation.
• Monitoring the Bank’s BSA/AML software system to identify potential suspicious activities.
• Working with all departments to investigate reported transactions that may be suspicious in nature as well as those identified by Verafin.
• Developing Suspicious Activity Reports for BSA-AML-related activities and presenting to appropriate approval authorities.
• Monitoring and tracking BSA-AML high-risk customers and accounts.
• Developing and filing required CTR reports
• Assisting as needed in department special projects.
At least five years related experience in the job functions described above.
• Extensive knowledge of financial institution policies and procedures.
• Extensive ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, trade journals and legal documents. Must be able to respond to common inquiries from regulatory agencies, courts, and outside consultants.
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage workload and assigned projects in a dynamic work environment.
• Team player with demonstrated ability to work collegially with internal and external parties.
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and be able to recommend solutions.
About Hibernia Bank
Hibernia Bank is a full-service community bank serving the New Orleans area since 1886, offering a broad range of financial services to meet the needs of our customers. Our vision is to serve our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially.