The Advanced Clinical Oncology Pharmacist will be responsible for providing clinical pharmacy services in Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) and to outpatient solid tumor patients
Qualified candidate will work as an integral member of the healthcare team at Tulane Health System. In conjunction with hematology/oncology providers and allied health staff, the hematology/oncology specialist pharmacist provides expert care to the patient through chemotherapy education and adherence/persistence monitoring, medication consultation, and development of practice specific protocols.
Pharmacist duties include:
· Maintain accurate medication profiles for patients.
· Optimize patient outcomes by providing the following: evidence-based patient centered drug therapies, monitor for drug-related problems and ensure medication cost containment.
· Monitor drug therapy to evaluate appropriateness of use, dose, dosage form, regimen, route, therapeutic duplication, and drug interactions.
· Detect, monitor, document, and reports adverse drug reactions and medications errors
· Communicate ongoing patient information, efficacy, and safety of treatment regimen(s) to all healthcare providers.
· Utilize the system of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) to measure the effectiveness of pharmaceutical care.
· Actively participates in department specific leadership roles and provides guidance and expertise to several institutional wide committees.
· Participate in protocol development.
· Keep abreast of changing protocols and clinical pharmacy standards as they pertain to hematology/oncology.
· Participate in the education and training of healthcare students and providers.
· Provide hematology/oncology pharmacology lectures in structured didactic curriculum to medical and pharmacy fellows, residents and students.
· Perform duties of other oncology pharmacists
· Maintain patient confidentiality according to Tulane Health System standards.
· Engage in participation in clinical trial research and education of medical and pharmacy fellows, residents and students
· Maintain Board Certification in Oncology Pharmacy through the Board of Pharmacy Specialties and participate local and national meetings pertaining to hematology/oncology.
· Perform related duties as required.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying
Education: Pharm.D. in Pharmacy from an accredited college/university Experience:
Completion of a Post-Year Graduate 2 (PGY2) residency in hematology/oncology with significant hematology related tumor experience AND board certification in oncology (BCOP) obtained within 18 months of hire; OR, Post-Year Graduate 1 (PGY1) residency in hematology oncology AND a minimum of two (2) years' post-pharmacist licensure experience within the last seven years with at least 50% of time spent in hematology oncology with emphasis on hematology and solid tumors AND current, active board certification in oncology (BCOP); OR, If no residency training, then a minimum of four (4) years' post-pharmacist licensure experience within the last seven years with at least 50% of the time spent in hematology/oncology activities with emphasis on hematology and solid tumors AND current active board certification in oncology (BCOP).
Demonstrated knowledge of Pharmacist practices and principles. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to patients as well as other practitioners. Demonstrated skill in applying professional Pharmacy methods and techniques.
The above training requirement is per BPS for specialized positions.
Internal Number: 02560-14204
About HCA(Hospital Corporation of America - Tulane Medical Center)
Tulane Medical Center Named Among ‘World’s Best Hospitals’ by Newsweek
Hospital named one of top 250 hospitals in the nation, one of only two Louisiana facilities recognized
NEW ORLEANS – Tulane Medical Center has been named a World’s Best Hospital by Newsweek in its 2019 listing of the top medical facilities across the globe. Of the 1,000 hospitals listed in the report, Tulane Medical Center is one of just 250 “World’s Best Hospitals” found in the United States and the only hospital in southern Louisiana on the list.
“Not only are we in the company facilities like Mayo Clinic and Cleveland Clinic – two other American hospitals noted in the report – we join Singapore General Hospital, which leads global clinical research efforts, and the Charité hospital in Berlin, which employs more than half of Germany’s Nobel Prize winners in physiology and medicine,” said Dr. William Lunn, Tulane Health System’s president and CEO. “Never has our mission to provide world-class patient care, education and research felt more lived and affirmed.”
The Newsweek rankings are based on a combination of publically-reported quality and patient satisfaction data as well as reputation s...urveys sent to tens of thousands of physicians, nurses and other medical professionals across 11 different countries. Based on these composite rankings, Newsweek ranked Tulane Medical Center No. 178 out of more than 3,800 hospitals nationwide.
“As with any such award, we don’t celebrate the ‘win’ – we celebrate what it represents,” Dr. Lunn said. “We celebrate the quality care our team provides. We celebrate our research, our clinical trials and our education that is literally shaping the future of medicine. We celebrate the selfless compassion shown to each and every patient who walks through our doors.
“We celebrate lifesaving medicine that has created ripples throughout our community, our region and – now we know – throughout the world.”
For a full list of the World’s Best Hospitals and more information about the publication’s methodology, please visit Newsweek.com.
This is the latest of several accolades earned by the hospital for its quality care. Tulane Medical Center was recently named a Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital by IBM Watson Health in its 2019 study of U.S. hospitals’ inpatient cardiology services. The hospital was also recognized as a 2018-19 High-Performing Hospital by U.S. News & World Report for its treatment of two of the region’s most serious health concerns – chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart failure.
To learn more about Tulane Health System and its world-class services, please visit TulaneHealthcare.com.
About Tulane Health System:
Tulane Health System is an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane has more than 500 credentialed physicians who provide leading-edge care, ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary. Facilities in the New Orleans area include Tulane Medical Center, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children, Tulane Pediatrics, Tulane Cancer Center Comprehensive Clinic, Tulane Transplant Institute, Tulane Multispecialty Center Metairie, Tulane Multispecialty Center Uptown, Tulane Multispecialty Center Downtown and the Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine. Tulane Health System is a partnership jointly owned by HCA and Tulane University. For more information about Tulane Medical Center, please visit www.TulaneHealthcare.com or call 1-800-588-5800.